Your Privacy at Global Optical Shop
Types of personal information we may gather
Global Optical Shop gathers personal information from you in order to provide superior service, communicate offers on merchandise and services which we believe will be of interest to you, customize our communications to you, administer our business, and improve your shopping experience. The following are examples of the personal information we gather from you.
· Purchases — When you place an order, you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address plus payment information.
· Non-Purchases — There may be instances when you are not making a purchase at Global Optical Shop and you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information, or when somebody else gives us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information. Some situations when this may occur are when you return or exchange merchandise, receive a gift from Global Optical Shop or enter a contest or participate in a promotion or survey sponsored by Global Optical Shop.
· Personal Shopping Account – If you create a Personal Shopping Account with us so that you may place orders more conveniently, you authorize us to store your name and shipping address(es), and payment information.
· Catalog /Leaflet requests — We need your name and address in order to mail you a catalog or leaflet. We also require a phone number or e-mail address so that we can contact you in the unlikely event there is an error in your address or other delivery problem. To stop receiving catalogs/leaflet, simply e-mail Enquiry@globalopticalshop.com.
· E-mail updates — When you subscribe to receive Global Optical Shop e-mail updates featuring exclusive offers (like free shipping), product news, special discounts, contest announcements and more, we require your e-mail address. You can unsubscribe anytime.
How we use personal information
We ask you for certain kinds of personal information in order to provide you with the services you request and to process and deliver your order. We also may use your personal information to provide you with customized communications and keep you updated on the latest promotions or products that may interest you.
In addition, our site utilizes “cookies.” Cookies do not gather any of your personally identifiable information. They do allow us to provide you with a more personalized shopping experience and enable you to fully interact with and complete your transaction on our site.
Along with respecting your privacy, Global Optical Shop diligently strives to keep your personal information safe and secure. (Please see our Security Policy.)
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small data files that one of our servers sends to your computer via your Web browser when you connect with our Web site. Their primary function is to help us remember you by tracking your browsing sessions, which enables us to collect non-personally identifiable information (such as your IP address, browser type, and domain name, etc.), and provide you with a more relevant shopping experience.
Cookies also help us:
• determine which features and tools you use, and which pages you visit on Global Optical Shop.
• remember which items you’ve placed in your shopping bag
• enable you to checkout faster if you’ve created an account with us
If you have any concerns about leaving cookies on your computer for extended periods, you can delete
Your Information is Secure at Global Optical Shop
We go to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. If that security were ever breached, it would cost you nothing — so you can buy online with confidence.
If you have additional questions regarding security at Global Optical Shop, Please e-mail us, including your name and mailing address, at Enquiry@globalopticalshop.com.
Your financial information is safe
We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly difficult to decipher code, which is processed immediately. In addition, we employ an outside company to "audit" our security and make sure it is trustworthy.
Your transactions are secure
When you've finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. A warning window may pop up to notify you that you are entering this "safe" area. Once you've entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower left hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process. In addition, you may consult the rules established by your browser to learn about other possible features that indicate that you are on a secure internet page.
By accessing or using any features on Global Optical shop, you agree to be bound by these terms of service. We may periodically change these terms without providing prior notice. So, we recommend that you read these terms carefully each time you use this website.